Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Coming Up With a Plan

OK. I think I came up with a plan that I can follow.
Sundays-Day of Rest :)
Mondays-Bedroom
Tuesdays-Living Room & Laundry
Wednesdays-Kitchen
Thursdays-Laundry Room
Fridays-Bathroom
Saturdays-Laundry
  I think this schedule will work well for me because I have a hard time staying focused when spending a whole day cleaning the house. All I can think about is what else I need to do. I find it much easier to tackle one room in the morning and get it out of the way and have the whole day left. My hat is off to those of you who can stay focused and do it all in one day. That just doesn't work for me.
 Plus, last fall my wonderful mother-in-law got me an iPhone. I'm totally in love! I don't know how I survived without one this long. Sorry, getting off subject, the point is that I created reminders for each task and have is set to go off every morning and repeat each week. When I'm done I check it off. I really like getting reminded -"Hey do this today". 
  I can always use a little extra incentive as well. Every week that I have followed my schedule I reward myself with a gift for the house such as new rug, curtains, etc. This week I decided to get a Swiffer Bissell Steamboost Mop. We have linoleum and it has those little dips that the dirt likes to stick in and regular mopping just doesn't seem to get it up. I read the reviews on this and it sounds like the perfect "reward" for this week. I'll let you know what I think of it after I take it for it's first run.

No comments:

Post a Comment