Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hamilton Beach Breakfast

One of the things I wanted for Christmas was a Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker. My aunt got one of these marvelous inventions a while back and said the sandwiches were way better than fast food. Ever since then I have really wanted to try one. (She is also the reason I had to have a Keurig maker :) Plus it's so stinking cute! I love small space savers! Anyway I used it for the first time the other day and it is awesome!

   Watch instructional video here.

Is that cool or what!
Here's what I have found out by trial and error. When using bagels the regular ones (Lender's is what we used) they are just a little bit too big so I took a large mouthed drinking cup and used it as a cookie cutter to trim the edges down. Now it's the right size. If you want an egg on your bagel sandwich, I found the top plate to be too short. In order to get the egg cooked thoroughly with the bagel you end up burning the top of the bagel. Instead use the bottom plate (it's a little taller) to fry the egg and half the bagel and you just get a nicely toasted bagel with no burns. Once finished with that half, set aside and fix the other half with the meat, cheese then just put the two halves together for a bagel breakfast sandwich.

I love sausage, but in the spirit of sticking to New Years resolutions to try and eat healthier, we have been using, whole wheat breads, Canadian Bacon (only 20 calories & .5 grams of fat per slice), fat free cheese, an egg, and I have been putting baby spinach on mine for an extra nutritional boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment