Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Favorite Christmas Present

I just received a Christmas gift a few weeks ago, and while I love all the gifts I received, it is my favorite. Look at this quilt my Aunt Lisa made for me for Christmas!


What makes it extra special is that most of the patches are made from my Grandpa's clothes and it was loving pieced together by my Aunt. She is so creative! (She is also the one that got me hooked on cross stitch to start with) What a neat way to to keep his memory alive! 

He past away in 2006. Looking at this, I recognize a lot of the patches. This is so thoughtful. This is definitely one of those quilts that you don't use but store in a very special place or display on a quilting rack and cherish forever. Thank you Aunt Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment